At Apical care agency, we promote our clients to gain as much independence as possible through a range of means which are trained carers aim to promote while supporting service users. Our clients will achieve regular communication on a one-one this by communicating with individuals and by following the underpinning principles of Person Centered Active Support (PCAS) which include:
- Making sure that we support people to be as involved as possible in every moment of their lives.
- Offering people opportunities to be involved as often as possible, in the way that best suits them, e.g. as little or as much as they like.
- Offering ‘just enough’ support to ensure people succeed.
- Ensuring that people we support make as many choices as possible, so they remain in control. As we provide 24/7 support and we do work shifts, including weekends, some nights and Bank Holidays.
The Main Duties in Supported Living care we offer are:
1. Support people with learning disabilities to the highest standard and in line with their support plan, cultural needs and wishes.
2. Support people to manage their own home, including supporting individuals with maintaining their tenancies and give support and guidance when individuals move home.
3. Support people with personal care if required, which may include toileting and bathing, in line with their support plan.
4. Support and encourage people to make choices and life decisions in line with the Mental Capacity Act requirements.
5. Assist and encourage people to engage in everyday home, social, leisure and work activities, according to the individual’s choice.
6. Support people with their health needs as required, e.g. taking medication and attending doctor’s appointments.
7. Keep accurate and up to date records, care plans risk assessments and other relevant information in accordance to the GDPR 2018.
8. Support people with their finances, where necessary, and in line with organizations guidelines.
9. Promote health, safety and well-being of the people we support.
10. Work positively with colleagues, families and external organizations and professionals.
11. Look for opportunities to use Personalized Technology to increase people’s independence.
12. Maintain confidentiality at all times in agreement with privacy and data protection 1988.
13. Improve the support provided by discussing any new ideas.